The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool: Foundation
For over 30 years, early childhood educators have trusted The Creative Curriculum for Preschool to help them plan and implement successful, developmentally appropriate early childhood programs.
Now newly revised into five comprehensive volumes, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool: Foundation offers an essential foundation of knowledge to every teacher, whether new to the field or highly experienced.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool: Foundation
- summarizes the latest theory and most up-to-date research about children's development and learning.
- discusses the five components of teaching children effectively: how children develop and learn; the learning environment; what children learn; caring and teaching; and partnering with families.
- offers new sections on guiding children's behavior and teaching intentionally and responsively.
- provides expanded content for supporting dual-language learners
- includes dedicated volumes for math and literacy.
- defines and incorporates 38 objectives for development and learning that are predictors of school success and tied to state early learning standards
- is fully aligned with Teaching Strategies GOLD®, seamless assessment system for all children from birth through kindergarten.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool: Foundation has five comprehensive volumes:
- Volume 1: The Foundation presents the theory and research behind the curriculum, helps teachers translate them into practice, and explains the five components of teaching preschool children effectively.
- Volume 2: Interest Areas discusses the 10 classroom interest areas and the outdoors, suggesting appropriate materials and presenting teachers with ways to promote children's development and learning.
- Volume 3: Literacy gives teachers the latest research-based strategies for supporting early literacy learning, helping them to teach intentionally and incorporate language and literacy learning into everyday classroom experiences.
- Volume 4: Mathematics explains the components and process skills of mathematics and provides teachers with practical strategies for promoting mathematics learning throughout the day.
- Volume 5: Objectives for Development & Learning presents the 38 objectives for development and learning; user-friendly, color-coded developmental progressions that show widely-held expectations for children; and strategies to help every child progress.
Includes: 5 Volumes, paperback
Index for The Creative Curriculum for Preschool, Fifth Edition: Volumes 1-5 (PDF)
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool: Foundation is based on the latest, most current research about how young children develop and learn.
Download our research foundation papers, below, for more information about the research base of this comprehensive curriculum.
- Research Foundation: The Creative Curriculum (PDF)
- Research Foundation: Language and Literacy (PDF)
- Research Foundation: Mathematics at Teaching Strategies (PDF)